Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Slow Stitching...

 Well, there might be a little slow stitching today. I measured my step #4 of harmony and I need to unstitch and try again with a smaller seam allowance to get the desired size.  It is a smidge off - by a good 1/4 inch on multiple sides. I had only done 2 sets of the 4 sets needed so once I figure it out I can move along and then get the corner sections stitched up.


I probably won't meet my goal this month of getting this to a top... but it is a project that can travel so it will head up to Vermont next month at whatever stage I am at. Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.

Today - I will start cutting out the graduation quilt. Yes, I am aware it is May 23. My goal is to have it together and quilted by the end of June to travel up to VT for delivery. I picked up a few more FQ's of black on white one of the trips to Walmart yesterday. It was a busy day of errands - Emily to horses, then Aidan to get shorts - his keep getting shorter - something about growing taller!, then pool time with Aidan for a couple of hours... then Emily needed a bathing suit that fits so back to Walmart with her last night. 

The separate trips were intentional. I have had a lot of Emily time with all her awards, scouts and horses this week and the boy needed Mom time. His awards are Monday night. Only one parent can attend for capacity measures so I get to go. 

Last night we had a chicken search. Only 8 were in the coop so we were out searching the back yard with flashlights looking for Poppy - who lays the green eggs. We have 1.25 acres for our lot and the back part is wooded but we have a fence up to keep the chickens out of there. The back yard area is all fenced in to contain the chickens for free range all day. She did this a few days ago and was sleeping perched on the trailer by the fence. That took us 20 minutes to find her. Last night, she was on the top of the fence! That is getting into dangerous territory.  We will need to figure out why she is not wanting to go into the coop at night to sleep.... I have a feeling someone is being a bully (Molly or Emma). We have it secured so no rodents or predators can get in, it is getting a good cleaning this morning from Emily and Greg and we don't think mites are an issue. Must be bullying - as she does lay her eggs in the nesting boxes.




5 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a busy/happy time of year for you and your family...
It is 90 degrees today--too hot for us in May!! And humid all of a sudden, too--my sluggish thick blood is not happy with this-- so I am inside in AC.
We watched the Monaco Grand Prix this morning and I will be resting today--pizza for dinner..yay
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I had a couple places on Harmony where something turned out wonky and did not fix it, so I'm going to lose a couple flying geese points! Not quite sure where I went wrong. Hope yours is an easy fix! Good luck with your graduation quilt, too! I totally understand Aidan and mom needing 1 on 1 time. I still feel that way about my boys, and they are in their 30s! Hope you solve the chicken mystery, too?

The Joyful Quilter said...

You're so good about dividing your time between the kid, Deb. I'm sure they appreciate your efforts. At least, I hope they do!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is too bad that only one parent can attend the awards ceremony! for some it must be hard to decide who gets to go. I hope you will have a lot of fun in Vermont it will be so nice for you to be able to go this year I'm sure your parents are looking so forward to your visit and seeing their grandkids again.

Maggie said...

Life happens, a few of my monthly goalsmwent haywire. Very glad you got some time to work on some projects and to spent time with the family. Have an awesome week.