Thursday, June 16, 2022

Baby Masala

 What did I do today? After that early rising for the 7AM annual blood draw, it was home for coffee, then walking the dog, then Emily wanted blueberry buckle cake made.... then I got into the sewing room! I sewed the blocks together, pieced a backing and got it pinned. I even managed to get it quilted today, a binding made and stitched to the top!  I just did straight line quilting along the 12 inch block edges and then down the middle of the purple squares. I used warm and natural batting so not too much quilting is needed. I didn't have enough of the more solid purples in stock for the binding so I used the flowered print on the back for the binding. Will CeCe get it before her 2 month birthday? We will see!



Time to start dinner - fish and chips (and onion rings with the leftover batter!)

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh that looks great! I think the floral print is perfect for the backing and binding. Dinner sounds yummy, too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your meals sound wonderful - not much going on here - it is too hot to do anything but stay inside - 105 heat index today

The Joyful Quilter said...

That floral makes a sweet binding and backing for that quilt. Happy finishing, Deb!