Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Tuesday....

Well, I made it into the sewing room for a little bit after dinner. I had to go pick up the car from the dealership after finishing work so that took the late afternoon and then fixing dinner - Chicken Tikka Masala.  I got out my Accuquilt and the 2.5 strip cutter that I had never used before. That won't be the case anymore... awesome for cutting binding strips in the future and I do love playing with 2.5 inch squares! I might have to try some of the diamonds it cuts sometime soon - 45 degree and 60 degree. I did get some purple strips cut out and I was then going to cut squares, but the dog needed attention and I was tagged. 


The dog just wants to be with people and I was people last night! So.... I got some hand quilting in on the Endless Diamond quilt since it was still too hot to be outside to get his energy out (feels like 99 at 7PM!) 


I started in on the medium country blue for the granny squares. 6 dark and 2 mediums so far. It will be interesting to see how many I can get out of a skein. I have a feeling I might need more yarn to make a usable size afghan.

Time to finish off lunch and then back to work for a few hours.


3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Pretty purple strips of fabric you are cutting there!!
Animals are for comfort--only they pick the time when they want it!!!
lots of nice blue squares there too--
it is very humid here today--so we may get some storms later--
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Mike was on the phone with his sister in 9cala yesterday, and she was trying to tell us how nice it was there after it rained. I said - check the humidity! 😉 Glad your Aqquiquilt is working nicely for cutting those long strips. That can definitely be challenging with the rotary cutter. I bet the dog is missing his girl!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like those strips too! they sure do come in handy - I have not actually used it to cut diamonds though - one day