Monday, June 13, 2022

Weekend wrap up

 Saturday was lots of time in the car. I headed out early to go pick up Emily from her week at camp. She had a great time and was oh so happy to see this fella when she got home! He was happy his girl returned and didn't leave her side very much on Saturday. His favorite snuggle sleeping buddy was home and they both had a good nights sleep.


Sunday was an early start again as the F1 race was on at 7AM. I got up a bit after 7 and put it on the tv and then checked on Aidan. He was watching it on his tablet in his room and smiled when he came out to the living room and it was on the tv already. I finally got dressed and moving around noon and headed in to see what trouble I could get into in the sewing room. I found some white and sewed up the 8 I had prepped and frogged the 4 I had made using the purple flowered print. I had all 12 laid out and decided to make another 4 so cut out what I needed. I think I will add a 2.5 inch white border all around just to offset those purple edges and then will work on getting it prepped for quilting. A 52 inch square quilt should work for a baby girl. This pattern is called Masala Box by Preeti at SewPreetiQuilts.


I saw this on Facebook and figured I would share as it is oh so true. 

 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Masala Boxes are pretty with the plainer center and sashing! That's going to be a beautiful quilt for the baby. Our younger son follows F1 and Indycar, so we were talking with him about the races yesterday, too. His favorite F1 driver lost his engine yesterday during the race, so that took care of that!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love the dog photo--and of course I love those purple blocks and what a pretty quilt that will be--
I was also watching racing--but not till 3pm and this weeks Nascar race was in Wine country in CA--it was not one of my favorite races it was a road course race and not a fan of them--but I got alot of stitching done while listening to it!!
hugs, di

M L said...

Beautiful piecing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Masala Box looks great in purples!! Sweet picture of Bear and know he's happy to have his girl home. Glad to hear that Emily had fun at camp!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are moving right along with that hand quilting, Deb. It is looking great. BTW, what is carnita meat? I've not heard of it so I want to know what I am missing.
How sweet for Bear and his girl to be together again.
And Marsala is looking so good in those purples.
Thanks for sharing these tidbits of life with us!!