Monday, June 20, 2022

Happy Monday

I did not get as much done in the sewing room as I expected Sunday, but I did make some progress before needing to sleep for a while to stop a headache. 

I cut out triangles in dark blue and purple and made 2 more garden path blocks to add to the pile.


Then I pressed the RSC Squares quilt top, measured and cut the backing and pressed it. Both got rolled onto their boards and I cut the batting off the roll of warm and natural. That was all that got done on Sunday.

Monday I woke up and after a Gaterade and lots of water I took Emily to horses in the morning and did a little grocery shopping on the way home. I managed to get the quilt pinned in the afternoon and started the quilting after making veggie lo mein for dinner. I had to stop when Peanut decided it needed some cat napping in part of it.... and it was getting close to game time (NHL) so I stopped for the night. I have one side of the diagonal lines sewn. Just have to do the other side on Tuesday after work then make and attach the binding. Might this quilt get finished this month for a second finish of my UFO's for the Spring 2022 Challenge? Time will tell.


Peanut did inspections throughout the process!



3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet I know which hockey team you guys are rooting for, lol! We're not watching - Afraid we will jinx the Avs or something! Your blocks are looking great. Fingers crossed for the finish, too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope the headache will stay away now - if I remember right you fight these frequently or used to. Good luck on the hockey

Moneik said...

Great blocks. I've been eyeing this pattern, but haven't made them yet. You're making progress on your quilting. It's funny how things work that make us stop and do something else.