Friday, June 10, 2022

Thursday...

Well, for my day off not a whole heck of a lot got accomplished. The morning was spent doing a little research after walking the dog. Then it was my annual Mammogram which went smoothly. I have my bloodwork next week and my followup with my doctor the following week. Doggie play time in the afternoon and somehow it was dinnertime! I pulled some carnita meat from the freezer for dinner and tried a package of mexican rice I picked up on sale a few weeks ago and some refried beans for dinner. I pulled out the briscuit we made a few weeks ago for tonights meal. Not sure what will go with it... but I'm thinking a salad of some sort and maybe some fries from the freezer?


While waiting on the Mammogram I added one more granny square to the pile and then did another one last night while listening to an audio book. I was curious how big they are and it turns out about 6 inches square!  I finished off Sue Graftons U is for Undertow. I have V is for Vengance borrowed as well as Killer Pancake by Diane Mott Davidson. I guess I like mysteries! I think I'll listen to Killer Pancake first since I just did 3 of the Sue Grafton books in a row (U,T and S ).

I started hand quilting block #12 of 20 last night as well.



A shot of the back of the quilt. A white backing and a thin hand quilting batting is showing the fabrics colors through on the back. It is easy to needle though.


Saturday - I get to get up really early for a Saturday and drive a couple of hours to pick up the girl from camp. I know a 4 legged dog that is going to be oh so happy to have his girl home again.

The boy is busy watching the F1 test racing today... despite the very early start times! Seems he is on teenager summer time where you stay up late and sleep in until 10 or 11 AM! We will see if he is up early on Saturday or just for the race on Sunday morning. 


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope all goes well on the medical front! carnitas sound good and the quilting is going really nice!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm a mystery book lover, too! I haven't listened to those books, but that's a good idea. Every stitch you put into your hand-pieced quilt is progress! Hope your girl had a great week at camp!

Julierose said...

[We got up early to watch F1 practice and are all settled in for Quali now] ;)))
Your crochet piece is looking great--love that color...
It'll be fun to hear how your daughter liked her away-camping experience...
You are making great progress on your blocks--hope your weekend is good...hugs, Julierose

M L said...

Your Endless Diamond is BEAUTIFUL! So inspiring!

Re: Granny Square - I am going to return to the post about reversing every side and *possibly* rip out a blanket to start over. Still loving how square yours are turning out

Debra said...

Granny squares are always fun to make.