Thursday, June 9, 2022

Wednesday...

 I got a little time in the sewing room and made some squares using the strip cutter. I am still debating on that middle flower fabric and I think I will change it out... but have been searching and have not found something I like in the stash. Sigh. I will probably end up pulling some white on white to use for the middle and sides. That means unpicking the 4 blocks and then resewing with white. The next decision is the size. I have enough cut for 13 blocks.... I might make it 3x4 for a 36x48 baby quilt and use the flowered print on the back. That extra block will be a purple 16 patch for the pile I think.


After dinner (stromboli with salami and pepperoni) it was doggie play time and some outside time to get his energy out. I did add a couple of the granny squares to the pile before Aidan popped out of his room to chat. The dog managed to slip into the master bedroom area where the cats reside now when I was heading to bed. Lots of running and chasing and very unhappy cats for the rest of the night. 


The dog has been walked and I have a Mammogram scheduled for early afternoon so I'd better get busy working on those baby blocks. I do love my Thursday's off from work!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your dinner sounds wonderful - I haven't had that in years for some reason

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet that flower print would make a great backing for the baby quilt! Love those pretty purples. It's always so nice to get the mammogram out of the way. Have fun! (wink!)

The Joyful Quilter said...

That floral is going to make a really sweet quilt back, Deb!