Sunday, June 5, 2022

Slow Sunday....

 Well, not really but I can dream! I relaxed yesterday with some hand quilting on the Endless Diamond quilt and I'm working on block 11 of 20. Progress. 


Some crochet has been started with a granny square pattern of blocks. I finished up the partial dark blue skein this week. I pulled a new skein of yarn (medium blue this time) and put it by my recliner last night. I didn't crochet last night but I was told the dog saw it this morning and thought it was one of his toys! It was saved and put onto a counter a little higher up. Silly dog. Linking up with the other slow Sunday Stitchers.


Today - the girl requested Blueberry Buckle Cake (coffee cake with blueberry variation from the Betty Crocker cookbook) for breakfast after Greg and I got home from walking Bear. It is in the oven - spoiled girl. Today I drive over towards Tampa and drop her off to Girl Scout Camp for a week at Wai Laini on the gulf coast. It is more of a water centered camp with paddle boarding, kayak and canoeing. So... I get 4 hours in the car today and Saturday when I go pick her up! It will be interesting to see how the dog does without her home. Grandma picked them up on Tuesday for lunch and an afternoon movie around 12:30 and they didn't get home until after 8PM! Around 6 he grabbed her pj bottoms and brought them to Greg.... who brought them out to me and I said 'I think he is wondering where his girl is!'.  Tonight might be an interesting one! I just need to remember to drop my car off to the dealership tonight for it's 8AM appointment. I figured I should get it checked out before our drive up to Vermont later this month. There are a few things happening that need to get checked out and fixed on my 8 year old car! 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You are passed the half way point on the diamond quilting...woohoo! And a trip to Vermont is coming up!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Every stitch on Endless Diamond is a stitch in the right direction! Blueberry Buckle sounds yummy - we used to make that but I haven't had it in ages. So funny about the dog and your girl's pj's! I hope she has a great week at camp - that really sounds fun!

Karrin Hurd said...

How exciting a trip to Vermont. Love your hexie quilt in your header! Great work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

She's going to have so much fun at camp! Bear will survive the week without her. It's the VT trip that will be his biggest challenge!