Monday, June 6, 2022

Monday

 With the girl dropped off to girl scout camp yesterday afternoon, I have pledged to spend an hour a day in the sewing room to see if I can make some progress in there this month. After work, I headed into the sewing room and got to work. 


I have to say... it turned into more than an hour, but I made great progress today! I cut out the green and dark blue ones today with the Accuquilt cutter and sewed them up. All caught up with the RSC challenge this year. I had cut out some extra yellow and pink ones... and have 2 of the pink ones together and part of one of the yellow ones. I need to cut a few more white parts out so I can finish the other extra yellow ones. I'll link up Saturday with the RSC.



I got to bring Aidan to guitar tonight so I had 30 minutes to do a little crochet on a medium blue granny square. It would have been done if I had not made a mistake and had to pull out 2 rounds. Oh well, it will crochet up quickly. 


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those crossed canoe blocks are so neat! Are they complicated to sew? Glad you are feeling a little more caught up already!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that crossed canoe pattern - it is on my wish list but I still have dies that I haven't used so I really need to use some of those too and not buy a lot more new ones!! Hope Emily has fun at girl scout camp - I assume is for a week or two.

Julierose said...

Loving how these Crossed canoe blocks are coming together, Deb!! So pretty. Nice that you will be able to get in some sewing time this week. Hugs, Julierose

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Deb, those look like really complex blocks (I'm accuracy challenged, so they would make me very nervous). They look great. It's nice to have time to play. Good luck with your goal.

Ivani said...

Your blocks are looking great together, Deb.
Enjoy some extra sewing time.

Susie H said...

Your canoe blocks look wonderful! I had forgotten what a cool design they make. Keep up the good work!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Funny how pledging an hour a day to sew turns out not only to be doable, but expandable. Looks like you used your time well.