Saturday, June 4, 2022

RSC in blue

 I got into the sewing room this morning and pulled open the drawer of 2.5 inch strips. There were only a handful so I pulled in the scrap bin and got enough squares to make 2 16 patch blocks. They were added to the pile of colors this year. Linking up with the RSC.


I know it is not fabric but I have added some granny squares in dark country blue. I finished off this skein and will pull the medium blue to make some more. This is a new project and I am shooting for one every day or two.



The cats had their annual vet visit this week. All is well. They opted to ride together on the way home. Peanut lost a little weight and was 8 pounds 3 ounces. Ollie gained (he is on the right) and is up to 13.5 pounds.








10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

blue is blue whether yarn or fabric right. Cute cats!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love that photo with both kitties in the carrier--they don't seem afraid of the carrier, either!!
Well--it is finally raining here--started mid afternoon yesterday and hasn't really stopped--it's a gentle steady rain so it can soak into the ground and not just run off--so Nature in my neck of the 'woods' has a big smile on it's face--as we were in a bad drought here!!
I am also working on my blues--
have a great week end--hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always love the 16 patch blocks, in any color! Yours are already making a pretty rainbow. Looks like you're moving right along with the Granny square project, too. Cute cats - they are very photogenic!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice colors in the 16 patch blocks, a great way to use up scraps. I've been thinking about crocheting granny squares, if only just to use up some of the yarn stash. Glad the cats got a clean bill of health!

scraphappy said...

Have fun with the granny squares. Glad the cats did well. They look happy to be home again.

Julierose said...

Your color for the granny squares is really pretty and rich looking...
I am still beavering away on my Many Trips--even though I don't really like the big pattern they make together...I have all those strips laid out and plan to use them up...hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Trips to the vet can sometimes be stressful, but your two cats look quite content. Nice colourful 16 patch blocks, and I always admire anyone who can crochet, because I can't.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SO sweet that Ollie and Peanut rode home from the vet in the crate together!! Glad to see that you made it into the sewing room to search for fabric. Bonus points for getting your BLUE blocks done!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

You've done a great job cleaning up scraps!!! Love the twinsies photo of your kitties!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Peanut could be our Lola, who weighed in at 7.8 lbs at her visit last week. She is a tabby, too. Congratulations on finishing your 4 x 4 blue block. Love that you are expanding the challenge to work up some granny squares, too.