Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A quiet day after the 4th.

 The quiet morning after a busy 4th of July! I was the only one up this morning early (a little after 7AM) to enjoy the peaceful lake with the birds chirping to each other. 

A photo from each side of the camp looking at the lake. Perfect Kayak weather. Maybe I'll get dressed and take a paddle.


We had 17 people and 2 dogs out to the camp for the holiday. All of my siblings (I'm youngest of 5) and their spouses and a few of my nieces and nephews. We tend to spend a lot of time out on the screened in porch!




A game of Rumicube going on here.



We added the Vermont flag to the flagpole and this was right before the storm went through. 

A nice rain to bring down the temps a bit (and clear out the company!) 


I have yet to do any of my hand work projects! Must get off the phone games and get a little stitching in. I did fix the pillow and need to do a few stitches to close up the hole in the couch from a critter over the winter. Mom also wants some crochet tops to some towels to hang from the stove, so I need to pull out the crochet hooks today and get that done for her. I think with the rain, it will be too muddy to hike the mountain, so I put Emily off until Friday. We will pop over to the mile walking trail by the brook with waterfalls later this morning. I have our trail ride scheduled for tomorrow morning. The temps are going to be hot - in the 90's so we will be down on the water I think. I only got to wear jeans and a sweatshirt one day so far! Oh well, it is much nicer weather than back in Florida!
The Dish people got the new dish installed Sunday in the rain, and Mom now has her local channels. She is a happy camper! 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a nice place by the water - has it been in your family for generations?

Julierose said...

Looks like a great time was had by you all!! We had a quiet day here--just we two. some sewing, a bit of reading and glue booking...so fine by me
I have decided to cut my scraps into 1.5 x 2.5 rectangles and begin a long term "Lego" quilt--I know "am i crazee?" I just love that randomness..Enjoy your quiet times on the lake
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a pretty view there - I bet you're enjoying the change of scene! Family and fun and games sound like the perfect 4th. Hope you get your kayak paddle in, and some crocheting, too!