Saturday, July 15, 2023

Home

 Made it home Thursday night about 11:45 PM with an arrival temperature of 80 degrees and humid. Yup, Florida in the summer! I do miss Vermont.

We headed home mid morning on Wednesday and did a stop in Deerfield, MA to visit the Yankee Candle Flagship store. They have a  maze of rooms with Christmas themes from all over the world.



Harry Potter room. I do love my Harry Potter - both books and movies.

 Aidan loved it. Lots of smelling of candles happened. We might have picked up some Christmas ornaments and some candles. Then it was a long drive home. We made it to Maryland on Wednesday and managed to check into a hotel/suite where their computer system had been down since 3PM. They had a rough afternoon. I had to call and book through the phone since the online system was down. Their credit card system was also down for the evening. The room was nice and we had a good nights sleep and breakfast the next morning. Then it was a long drive home the next day - about 13 hours of driving. I checked and there are over 3,000 miles on the car from the last 3 weeks. 

It is nice to be home and the cats are enjoying all the attention. The dog is tickled pink Emily is home and has been loving up to everyone. I went through the fridge crispers and tossed and then headed to Aldi to restock fruits and veggies. I think I'll have Aidan drive me to Sams and pick up a roaster chicken for dinner so I don't have to cook. That and a nice salad and some roasted or mashed potato will be dinner. 

I really should throw in a batch of laundry and then visit the sewing room... but I think I'll pop on a movie and work on hand stitching some binding instead for a little bit. 

I'm going to have Aidan drive the car through the car wash today too.... that should be an interesting experience for him as a new driver! Then he can vacuum the car from our travels. Update - he did a great job driving onto the track for the drive through and the car got a nice vacuum.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to hear you made it back ok. That is a long drive for sure. Hope your family in Vermont are still doing well.

Julierose said...

Happy to hear you made the long trek home safely--we are pretty humid here today too--temp 75 and dew point 73--our windows were all fogged up this morning...but nothing like your heat so far...

My daughter's twin youngest boys turned 20 [!!!] this past Thursday--yikes--I really feel my age!!

I am still without my sewing machine --hoping I will see Helga by next week sometime so i can do some sewing. Take care and rest up hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a good trip, both getting away and coming home again! The Yankee Candle store looks like fun, too. I would never have thought to take my student driver's through the car wash - what a good idea! I'm still a little unsure about that myself. Around here, the kids now have to learn to navigate roundabouts!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

It is always good to be home after a trip - yet so exciting to leave! Hugs