Thursday, July 20, 2023

Another day....

 Well, while I was walking Bear yesterday morning we met up with 3 wild turkeys on the way home. They were on our street, so I had to go past them. I did not have my phone with me..... but that would not have mattered as no one was awake in the house. Sigh, Bear saw them as 2 were running away and he is strong. Lets just say my shoe came off and I wrenched my back holding him back from chasing them. I did get him home and didn't think too much about it. Took my shower and logged onto work. After sitting for over an hour... I tried to get up from my chair. Oh boy, my back was killing me. Once I got up I was mostly ok as long as I didn't bend down. Advil was the key and yes I did ice it a bit to get through the work day. 

I have a bunch to do at work after being gone 3 weeks,  so floated working today to get things done.... but my boss never got back to me with approval so I guess I get my normal day off and the work will be pushed back 1 day on the timeline! 

That means I'll wander into the sewing room and see about the split nine patches today and maybe start a Christmas wall hanging that I have had the pattern and a jelly roll for about 16 or 17 years now. 

I did a little binding stitching on the Frosty's last night. I still need to hand quilt around the frosty's and I plan to do a cross hatch behind them in the block. I just need to decide how much space between them. I am thinking one inch and see how it looks with the hera marker. Bad photo but a bit of binding stitched down.


When I posted the animals the other day, I didn't add the boys! Peanut and Ollie have been very snuggly since I got home last week. They said they were bonded when we got them from the shelter, and they tend to be together like this when they are sleeping or looking outside. They do play and chase each other as well. I woke up with one on top of me (Peanut) and Ollie was right up next to the pillow. 


As for meals.... Monday night was some carnita's with cilantro lime rice and fresh salsa. Tuesday Emily made a risotto with the broth I made from the chicken carcass over the weekend. Yesterday was going to be Gumbo, but I didn't think driving was smart, so it got put off to today. I had purchased some frozen crab cakes from Sams so Aidan cooked those up last night with some rosemary roasted potato. He took pity on me and said he'd handle dinner when he saw me attempt to get baking sheets out of the cabinet. I added some leftover salad in the fridge from the previous night to mine. I need to pop out and get andouille sausage for the Gumbo. I think we have everything else we need. We will see how it turns out! 


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the crab cakes and rosemary roasted potatoes sound so good!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh and hope your back feels better today!

Julierose said...

Kudos to Aidan for taking over the dinner prep for you:))) Nice to have helpers--so sorry about your back woes!! I can surely empathize there:(((
Frosty's binding looks super...I think cross hatching at 1" will look great...
Take care now and rest that back--I find getting up from sitting more frequently does help me...hugs, Julierose P.S> the "Hungara Ring" race this weekend. Does Aidan know that you can watch the pre-race preview on Thursday evenings?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm sorry your back is bothering you so much! Hope it gets better. That's so great that your kids will help out with dinner like that! Happy stitching on the Frosties!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Take care of that back and hope you feel better soon! Hugs

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you feel lots better!
Interesting idea to put the binding on first and then do the hand quilting... I've never thought of that!