Saturday, July 15, 2023

RSC in red


After a walk of the dog this morning and then bringing Emily to ride Lance (horse) about half of the day was over! The temps when she got done around noon was feels like 109. Sigh, I miss Vermont temperatures. I did drink a 20 ounce water and a 20 ounce power zero. That power zero is a must for me daily with the temps down here or my electrolytes get off and my saline gets too low. That would land me in the ER so, this is a preventative measure I have been doing for years.

I ventured into the sewing room and moved a few things around to get to my sewing space. I pulled a few reds and some background fabric and cut out a few kites for one of my two red blocks. It joined the rest of the bunch. I had done a light blue and light green for last month. I'll make my next kite tomorrow and then work on the split nine patches this week. I need to make some light blue and greens along with the reds to keep up with those blocks.

Linking up with the RSC. 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Definitely stay hydrated, and cool, too! Glad you got a little sewing time in. I love the red star fabric!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good to know what you need for the heat to stay healthy - I stay in a lot these days - and I hate say I am looking forward to fall already but I am - I have never liked the dog days of summer that last so long here and are so humid - it just drains me and makes me dizzy

The Cozy Quilter said...

Good to stay hydrated when it’s hot! Your rainbow stars look great. I also need to catch up on my June blocks.

Sara said...

The Kite blocks are always a winner! So cute!

Julierose said...

Lovely grouping of kites you have moving forward!! WOW "feels like 109 cannot be fun!! I can see why you drink lots of fluids...
Stay safe
hugs, Julierose