Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Wednesday at the lake

 

Emily and I went for a paddle in the kayaks this morning. This is a photo of the camp from the water.


I love seeing the lily pads and flowers near certain camps.


After lunch, we headed to the cascade trails up the road about 10 minutes. It is a good mile in the woods along a babbling brook with different waterfalls. They have been getting lots of rain, so the water sure was running today.







We topped that off (since it was so hot) with a maple creemee!

Emily made pasta to go with the leftover sauce my brother left from yesterday. It was very hot today. I am missing my AC just a little bit!



6 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Looks like a great day! ~Jeanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is not usually so hot is it? I always think of Vermont as being cool but I know you all get hot spells up there too - the weather is so weird this year not surprising huh

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like a beautiful spot, and fun things to do! Now you've got me wanting a maple creamee!

Julierose said...

super photos at the stream--looks very cooling and inviting. good for you hiking in that heat;000! We are having quite the heat wave here--87 already at 9:30 am with a 76 dewpoint!! Ugh-i-ness for sure;)))
Leftovers for dinner--no cooking tonight--yay!!
hugs, Julierose

Debra said...

Beautiful scenery and having fun with your family is priceless.
It's very hot here in New England.
Yuk.

Moneik said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad that you're able to make these memories. It's been so cool here. I am hoping for warmer weather. We've only been in the pool 2 times this summer.