Thursday, July 27, 2023

RSC in red

 I got a little time to sew this week and prepped some reds for the split nine patch blocks. I always pull one out of the box as a reference to help with placement of the squares.


I think they turned out pretty good! 8 blocks to add to the mix.



I had some thoughts for the Table Scraps Challenge.... but I made a change from the original plan. I was thinking green and red apples, but it didn't happen.  I had these squares left on the cutting board after making the above blocks..... so in the interest of the challenge, I used them to make this red toned placemat. I had thoughts of adding a red apple to that one lighter block in the middle, but it didn't happen. It got machine quilted and I attached the binding by machine. I still need practice on that, but it is getting a little easier. As for the letters A and G.... Aren't you Glad I had these blocks sitting on my cutting matt to use this month? I was!


I'll link up with the RSC on Saturday and with Joy at the Table Scrap Challenge on Friday.


7 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh, you're funny. And yes, I'm Glad you had the red scrap Available for this placemat. Enjoy! ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice looking block!

Julierose said...

Your split nine patch blocks are just beautiful...I love them in the reds...
Hope you have a great weekend...hot and very humid here so in the AC for me...
I may start on trying out a bit of needle turn applique--[deep breath]
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your split 9s look great in red! I love that block. And I also love simple patchwork like you used for that placemat - it's the perfect way to use up the leftover squares from the split 9s. Fun finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Too funny, Deb! I am ABSOLUETLY GLAD that you had some scraps to use for your challenge entry. Thanks for continuing to join in the fun!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Deb, I really love your blocks and your placemat. The grays and the red look very sophisticated!

Helenchaffin said...

I luv the split nine blocks,I've never tried that one