Monday, July 17, 2023

Animals.....

 I have been extremely lazy the last 3 days. Might have needed to recover from all that driving on Wednesday and Thursday to get home!

A request was made to show the girls. I snapped some photo's yesterday. There are the older 3 - I only collected 2 eggs so one of the Plymouths (the black and white ones) is not pulling her weight!

The new girls got bigger! Still not the same size as the others so we will keep them separate. One of the Rhode islands is up front and the back on the left. Then eggnog in the middle and Blackberry on the post. Her neck is looking a bit like my Poppy but she has feathers on her feet!



I got into my office this morning and Bear came with me and laid on the floor. I went into Greg's office and got the dog pillow and placed it down. 3 turns and he settled in and is sleeping like a baby. Funny how he comes in with me while I am working now. 

This was him last night. He pulled the charity quilt onto the floor and decided to nap on it. I told him it is not his, but he is ignoring me. It will get a good brush off and wash before it goes to it's new home. I have 3 sides of the binding stitched down. 


Friday I had Aidan drive me to Sams Club to get a roaster chicken for dinner... and a few other things jumped into the cart. He was still complaining there was no snack food all weekend. I did ask before going to Aldi and while at Sams! Arrghhh.
Friday night was air fryer sweet potato fries and the chicken. Saturday we had bag of Shrimp Scampi from Sams over angel hair pasta and a salad. I had taken a pork tenderloin out of the freezer Friday and we had pork schnitzel last night with mashed potato and peas. 
The kids are headed to Grandma's today to see the New Indiana Jones Movie. I get to log into work for the first time in 3 weeks. I kinda miss vacation already.

3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Thanks for the new chicken phots--and my goodness--the new ones have really grown!! and Bear is so sweet--and I guess you are his new best friend!!!
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Yes, sadly, vacations are all too short, aren't they just? and, re-entry is always difficult--at least it used to be for me.
It is hot and humid here today, AGAIN!! , but I am in the AC so the only thing I miss is our walks outside--we did try this morning, but had to just quit as we couldn't get enough air--not good.
Hope you can get some sewing in,,,hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like Bear could even commandeer two quilts at one time! We've been having fun trying out different things in my son's air fryer. The other day we baked a loaf of banana bread! Sweet potato fries will have to go on the list.