Saturday, July 29, 2023

Snowy Sunday Stitching

I finished hand stitching the binding on the Frosty's this week. Now I can start hand quilting the embroidery blocks. 


Yes, I know this is not the normal order. I did machine quilt the sashing and cornerstones before I made and attached the binding to the front. I am trying out the blue marker for the first time with this quilt. I marked lines at 1 inch intervals using a 45 degree angle on my ruler. I have 3 of the Frosty's marked for hand quilting. I'll be working on this Sunday morning while I watch the F1 race with the boy.
 

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers





8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

great job on the sticheries,the snowmen look great in blues!

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a great day ahead - enjoy your hand quilting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Frosties in blue, Deb! I think your grid quilting in the blocks is going to look great. I wish I had done something like that. I'm tempted to rip out the hand quilting I did do, and try the grid instead. Maybe over the winter!

Ivani said...

Let us know if the new order works well.

Deb said...

I just love your Snowmen quilt, the stitcheries are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Binding before hand quilting the blocks is a great idea. It will keep the edges from fraying while you manipulate the quilt. I am loving all those cute snowmen. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful project, I love the bluework!

Jenny said...

I do like those Frosty designs.