Friday, March 1, 2024

A border was added

 This has been the only sewing this week!

I looked at the wall of fabrics and pulled out this pink to audition for the kites border. Another gem from that mystery box!  I had enough to make a 5.5 inch strip all around so it added 10 inches to each side. A little bigger for a nice size kids quilt. 

When will it get finished? Who knows. We will see how the weekend goes but it is possible I'll get a little sewing time in.


Emily had her MPA (music performance assessment) for the symphonic band last night. They did 3 pieces for the judges, then did 2 sight reading ones. They had a 3 minute review without instruments with their director, then played. The second piece, they had 5 minutes to review, then played. They preformed at 9pm. Then the sight reading was at 9:30. We got home around 10:30.  They did well.

Work is crazy right now, so I did extra hours this week since I was out last Friday. Deadlines. 

Briskit is in the oven for a long slow cook. Hope it is ready for dinner tonight.



8 comments:

Julierose said...

Just a lovely pink border on this, deb. I really like it...
Auditions are always nerve-wracking; my Mom said she used to get more nervous than I did when I auditioned...hahaha
Good they did so well...
hugs, Julierose
P.S. Looks like Verstappen is on top once more...at least in Quali!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is really pretty with the pink border! Glad you had just the right amount for it. Your description of the music performance assessment takes me right back to my own high school years - 50 years ago!

a good yarn said...

Some sewing is better than none and the pink border is a winner.

scraphappy said...

The pink border is so sweet! Spring always seems to be bursting at the seams with all the end of the year festivities. Sounds like it is all going well though. Hopefully there will be extra brisket for a leftover sandwich. Yum!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looking good! I'm sure you have a busy weekend like always planned, hope you can squeeze in quilting time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another completed RSC quilt top, Deb! Here's hoping the coming week won't be quite so crazy. Congrats to Emily and the band on successful MPAs!!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Ohhh, I like the pink border. This is such a bright , cheery quilt! ~Jeanne

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilt is looking amazing. So glad to hear that Emily had a great Music performance. Mmm brisket sounds yummy. Enjoy your week.