Saturday, March 23, 2024

RSC recap

 It has been a productive week for me.

I was able to get the Scrappy Kites from last years RSC quilted and bound this week for a finish. This one is a 42x50 finish and hopefully will be donated as part of the Hands2Help this year.


Then I moved onto sewing the split nines from last year together into this top. It is 48x54 with each 6 inch finished block. 



I finally made a chicken block in purple! I used the pattern from Sew Inspired. I made the red part a little different. I sewed them right sides together and then turned it out. I see I need to 'fix' that part on the lower
left to make sure it is sewn securely together, it must have come undone a little too much when I turned it. 


I will be making my Arkansas Traveller blocks today, but the fabrics are already picked out and ready to run through the Accuquilt Die, so the hard part is done!

Linking up with the RSC Challenge.




10 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my - that chicken block is so cute and funny! I love it! The kites and split 9-patch really look great as scrappy quilts. Awesome job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You did get a lot done this week! I love the chicken - those will make a fun quilt. Will it be for your daughter?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that split 9

Julierose said...

Scrappy Kites turned out beautifully!! And split 9's is really looking good...
Adorable chicken block--are you going to name it after one of yours?? ;)))
Watched Quali today and looking forward to Race replay tomorrow...Ferrari is looking very strong...
hugs Julierose

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Wow! Three finishes: a quilt, a top and OK an almost finished block. Rainbow roosters are so much fun.

Chantal said...

Great productive week, indeed. Love that chicken block. Hope there will be more in the future. Enjoy! ;^)

Maggie said...

Love the split nine patch block quilt pattern with all the colours, must try this one. Great projects!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finished quilt as well as the flimsy. Beautiful quilts. The chicken block is so cute! Looks like a fun project.

Jenny said...

Your chicken block is cute, I'd like to do a RSC chicken quilt soon, it's on my list for the future.

Susie H said...

Isn't that the truth -- finding and picking out the right fabrics are absolutely the hardest part! Lol! Love the chicken block.