Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday

I have enjoyed a very lazy start to Sunday! I slept in past 9AM and then got busy throwing a corned beef with some potato, carrots and onion into the crock pot for dinner tonight. I'll grab a little of the juice to add to the cabbage which I will steam in the pressure cooker later tonight. I do love my cabbage cooked that way! The kids will be expecting some Irish soda bread to go with their meal this evening. Yummy!

The dog got a walk well after 10:30 and it was getting a little bit hot here in Florida. I believe we are expecting mid 80's and sunny today. The pool looks so much better after some attention at the end of the week. I just need to test the water and adjust the chemicals, but it is sparkling clear again.  

My plans today are to putter in the sewing room and machine quilt the scrappy kites quilt and get the binding made and attached. Stitching it down by hand will be my stitching this evening. I was able to pin it last night, so it is ready to go.

I watched a video this morning on how to color your embroidery projects.  Melisa at Pinkernpunkin blog has some adorable heart embroidery stitcheries she is releasing each month this year and I love the look the coloring adds. I have the first 3 hearts printed off and will start prepping the first one for stitching today. I think I'll start with the March block. Now to find the crayons!


I finally got a good start on the String of Beads blocks for the RSC this year. I saw a photo in an old quilting pattern book from the 80's and this is the layout. A little circle will be added at the middle spot, but I'll hold off on adding them as I am not sure if I want a sunny yellow for all of them or a shade of the middle colors. Plenty of time to decide. The two purples are done so I'm starting in on the reds from last month.


Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers. It's after noon, so I'd better grab some lunch (I seem to have skipped breakfast!) and then head to my happy place to play with some fabrics. Enjoy your week.







5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your dinner sounds yummy! Looks like you'll be close to a finish with your kites today. I colored parts of my March block, but haven't done that on the other two yet. It's a fun thing to do on the embroidery!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful projects to work on! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kim said...

A late Sunday morning sleep-in sounds perfect. Those string of beads in a multitude of colours is going to be pretty. Your scrappy kites pretty is wonderful. Love the pink border.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy St. Pat's day - I kind of forgot all about it

Anonymous said...

How fun to celebrate St Patrick’s Day with an Irish meal! My husband and I both have some Irish ancestors . We hope to go there someday. Enjoy your stitching this week. You have a variety of projects to keep you busy. Gail at the cozy quilter