Friday, March 15, 2024

RSC Saturday

 We are half way through the month and I have yet to make my purple AT blocks! That will hopefully be remedied this weekend. I did finally start the string of beads blocks in purple and got these two completed. The green outer peels will be consistent throughout the quilt. I have the peels traced onto the next background and the reds are ready to go.



I did a lot of digging and made a backing with leftover backings for this little quilt. I also dug through the batting cut offs and pieced 4 parts together to fit for a batting for this. Just need to get it pinned and some basic machine quilting on it this weekend and I'm hoping for a finish this month. 



Bear is doing a great job of holding the quilt down! He went to the Vet for his annual shots and got his new rabies tag. The boy is 85 pounds! 

Linking up with the RSC Challenge on Saturday


7 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--Bear is a big boy for sure!!
Pretty peels so far...love seeing how they look in each colorway...

No race this weekend, looking forward to Australia...I wonder if Bearman will race for Ferrari again--Saintz will most likely be still in recuperation phase...those G-forces it would seem to me would be really hard on your body after an operation!!
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

March is just flying by - love the purple

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Loving your string of beads blocks! And way to go using up scraps for backing AND batting. Bear is a good quilt tester!

a good yarn said...

Oh Bear, you are such a good quilt holder. At least we know it’s passed quality control.

Jenny said...

Our pets are so good at holding the quilts down. Mind you, no quilt could escape from your big boy! I do like your pretty blog header photo too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty PURPLE blocks, Deb, and congrats you getting your UFO close to a finish!! (Spoiler Alert: I know how the story ends.) Hoping Bear is feeling back to his frisky self by now! That boy adopts ALL the quilts, doesn't he? :o))

Marsha Cooper said...

Have to love when the pets help LOL