Thursday, March 28, 2024

Arkansas Traveler block

 I had picked out fabrics for the purple AT blocks a couple of weeks ago. I finally got a chance to sew them together today. I still need to work on the middle join, but I'm happy with how these blocks are turning out. 



Yesterday, the kids had a half day at school. No horses for us this week as the trainer has her daughters in town for the holiday. Nex weekend, we will be at a Girl Scout Encampment on the gulf. Kyra, the girl Emily rides with on Saturdays had a photography project and asked Emily to model with a horse for it. This was the only day that worked before it was due, so after picking up my kids from school I headed across town to get Kyra and then in a different direction to go to the new stable. They spent a good hour there in the rain, playing with the horses. After the finished with the first horse, Emily pulled this guy out and I snapped this photo of her and Pal, the Palamino she rode last weekend.   



This is Doc, he was the main model for the photos for her project for school. I hear Doc was in one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I guess I need to watch them again and see if I can see him. He is a big guy, but a beauty.




I've got a 'small' Prime Rib in the oven. Hubby will be in charge of taking it out at the right temp while I go get the kids. I need to grab another one from Publix, while the price is on sale for the holiday. It seems Emily now pulls a slice from the freezer to eat as an optional dinner option when she doesn't like what I make..... so I need to get another one so we will have some in the freezer for the next few months. 



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your AT blocks are looking good! They're going to make a beautiful quilt. And what beautiful horses, too - they're very photogenic! I bet it smells good at your house, too - dinner sounds yummy.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the AT blocks are looking good and love the horses

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love that block and the pretty colours you used really showcase it. Great photo of Emily and horse. I can't remember the last time we had a roast of beef. Really hope we are getting enough iron.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting those PURPLE blocks together, Deb! Prime Rib on sale at Publix? Why, oh why, did I buy a spiral ham?!?! :o((

a good yarn said...

That’s a terrific block for RSC. I wonder what next month’s colour will be? Yellow maybe?