Monday, March 11, 2024

Race weekend

 I did not take too many photos. Aidan did let me get a selfie of us in the stands and we got a photo of us on the track after the race. He even brought home some tire bits. He got quite fried with the sun on Saturday, and I imagine having the sun hit that sunburn on Sunday was not fun. Me - I looked horrible but I didn't get a burn with the floppy hat and the 'fishing' long sleeved lightweight shirt over my t-shirt. 




We did have a great weekend in St. Petersburg. The city was very organized, and everything ran smoothly. I hear they will have the streets opened by tomorrow and the airport back up and running by the weekend. 

We parked at Tropicana field and used the free shuttle to the track. Aidan had picked seats on the first turn, and we did get to see some fun action. Overtakes and some runoff misses. I think it will be a weekend he will remember!



The kids are on spring break vacation this week. Greg has school and I have to work so nothing major planned for us. Aidan has an ortho appointment to get his teeth tightened on Tuesday. Wednesday he is eligible to go get his license. You have to have your permit for a year in Florida before being able to get your license. He has done the hours of driving with us over the year. Emily might do a riding lesson during the week to check out a new facility and the dog has a Vet appointment Thursday morning. I'm thinking I might see about a spring training game next Sunday, but we will see how the week goes. I'm on call Saturday for a work project. 
 I hear my step-FIL is still in the hospital and they are waiting to release him to a nursing home. His heart is just failing, (90 and multiple heart attacks, surgeries over the years) and not pumping enough blood to his brain which is causing the hallucinations. His lifespan more than doubled his twin, who died in his early 40's. 
I'm hoping to get a little sewing in this week and maybe some painting in the front rooms. We will see how that goes!

4 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW--great seats you had!! What a fun day!! I am envious--all in person like that. When Tom was in the Army band he went to F1 races and sat on a (then) grassy hill overlooking the course. Tell Aidan he saw Sterling Moss and Dan Guerney (Dan started the squirting of champagne tradition!! hahaha) and Jim Clark fly by!! 1961 and 1962 was when he was stationed in Germany...the big car back then was Lotus.
How times change, huh???
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, how fun to get away for the weekend and go to the race! Kevin had it on TV yesterday, so I paid a little attention to it myself. Happy Spring Break! Especially for Aidan - that will be a big deal for him to get his license. Hope you get a little sewing time, too!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Happy for Aidan and that his Mom took him to the race and enjoyed it too--
again--memory making time even with a sunburn!!!
Now me--I would just as soon sit at home and watch my races --Nascar on TV--and the smell is better--no exhaust smells!!!!! and one of my boys won this Sunday--and one won the Daytona 500--so both are off to a good start for this season!!!
hugs, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like you all had a grand time and how wonderful that the weather was nice as well. Enjoy your time in the quilt room. Hugs.