Thursday, March 21, 2024

Sewing time

 Thursday's are my day off working, and today I spent most of the time in the sewing room.

First, I sewed all these split nine blocks into a quilt top. I did not measure it but it should be about 48x54 with the 6 inch finished blocks.


Then I did some searches and worked on something for the Table Scrap Challenge... but it is not done yet, so you'll have to wait on that one!
I then pulled down some purples and cut out the sizes I needed to create 3 of the Arkansas Traveller blocks. I have not run them through the Accuquilt cutter yet, but that will be quick. Picking out the fabrics usually take the time. Purples have such a variety of hues, so I was trying to put the like hues together into the blocks. I'll probably run them through the Die after dinner (going easy with chicken and broccoli alfredo - a jar of sauce, already cooked grilled chicken strips and broccoli with pasta shells.)


Lets see - Monday was goulash for dinner. I did not add the cheese to mine but Emily does to hers.
Tuesday I was in a Gumbo mood and the sausage was on sale at Publix last week so I put one in the freezer and had one to make Gumbo. I used the recipe from the New Orleans School of Cooking cook book and it turned out pretty darn good. I put some frozen chicken breasts into the instapot to cook for the chicken and then a package of the andouille sausage. With a little rice, yummy. I've had it for lunches the last 2 days.
Wednesday was a pot luck meeting for Emily and I. I had made some deviled eggs, but they didn't look good enough to bring - I tried using a plastic baggie to fill them and I like the look of the spoon filled that I normally do much better!). I also made a banana bread so I took that one with me instead. The boys were on their own. 
I've got another set of eggs hard boiled. It seems Aidan likes them with a little homemade Italian seasoning dressing and then put on sourdough bread for a after school snack!  


3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your split 9s top looks great all sewn together! I agree on the different varieties of purple - sometimes it's hard to decide what goes together, so I just throw it all in! Yummy dinners, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the quilt must have been nice to have a day to sew

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love how these split nines are turning out...it is quite complicated looking in the final layout. And what a great rainbow sewing choice. Your dinners sound so good to me.