Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Progress...

 Work is at the waiting for the 'big day' so today was a clean-up time after verifying the test runs overnight. Sigh. A relief to be at this point with a Saturday 'go' day. I'm off tomorrow and will ride with Emily this week after we bring the doggie to the vet for his annual checkup. He gets some anxiety meds tonight and tomorrow morning. 

I had pulled out a package of boneless, skinless chicken thigh from the freezer yesterday and tonight they were baked with a crispy curry rub in one of my stone wear pans and served with some rosemary herbed roasted red potato and some buttered corn. Yummy!

I added a few stitches to the peels this afternoon and have one purple block completed!

I went out to toss some watermelon to the chickens since Aidan and Bear were out back. I got distracted while walking to get eggs and ended up brushing down the pool, which needed a clean, a shock and a quick clean run of the motor overnight. It should clear up most of it that I have been neglecting the last few months. A little more work on it tomorrow and it should be ready to adjust the chemicals and be ready for swimming for the weekend, if they want. I need to pop out and check for the eggs. 

Good thing I did! I guess I only got one or two yesterday morning and no one else collected since then! There are 3 greens, 3 light brown and one dark brown.  The girls are laying like crazy, and we are getting 4-5 eggs a day. I just put 10 in the pressure cooker for hard boiled eggs. I have 2 dozen regular eggs in the fridge and 18 in the round egg holder on the shelf. Since they are backyard eggs and not washed, they can be at room temp just fine. I picked up heavy cream when I ran to Aldi at lunch, so I think I'll be making some creme brule tomorrow, deviled eggs with those hard boiled ones and I'll have to see what other things I can do with some eggs. I'll ship 18 off to my MIL's friend Betty, the next time we see her. We usually send a dozen or two down for her and my FIL to have but we have not been going down with Andy in the hospital, and now in a nursing home rehab facility. 

While chatting with my Mom this week, I saw this bird out my window. I'm not sure what it is but it stayed long enough for me to grab my phone and take some photo's. 



Time to clear out the fridge and toss the paper shredding I was doing this afternoon in the office as it is trash night tonight. Then, some stitching while watching tv I think. . 

I'm really hoping to get my RSC quilt pinned for quilting tomorrow at some point. I'm on call Saturday, so just need to be home most of the day in case I need to log in and cover as I am backing up 2 people. That sounds like perfect sewing time to me!


4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Pretty bird in the tree--not sure what it is--I have my window open in the mornings and hear alot of birds singing this time of the year (plus the beep beep of the lifting machine working on the next door apt building--grr!!)
Your purple block is looking good--and I am glad I have blog people who have chickens and pets so I can get my 'farm' fix each day!!!!
hugs, diane

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your block looks great! And look at all those eggs, too. Glad they're laying for you! I think your bird looks like some kind of jay - a Florida Scrub Jay, maybe? We have tons of bluejays around here and your photo looks similar to what we see.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you have been busy - and your chickens too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All those lovely eggs! And how you keep busy,Deb. Awesome reading and catching up. Love to hear about your meals too so do keep sharing. It always gives me ideas of what to cook around here. I love peels in applique.