Friday, October 13, 2023

A little progress.

 Not on what I planned though! Such is life. I did put away things from the weekend and found the top of my sewing area. Still looks like a tornado went through but I have room to cut things again! 

Surgery on dog toys happened. 3 got fixed and back into his toy box. They have been waiting 3 weeks for fixes!

Then... we went to visit my FIL in rehabs about 40 minutes away. We did a little shopping and got him new pants that fit (he has lost 50 pounds!). A few shirts and a warmer sweater. Laundry got brought home, but that will cover him for a few days. 

We stopped at cracker barrel for lunch on the way home. Then I called my parents to check in on them. I had 30 minutes until kid pickup so not much got done.

Both kids came home since they cancelled all after school programs due to the weather.... but it had cleared out by 3. Oh well, I'll take the one pickup!

I did check my RSC bin and knew I needed split nines. I cut the parts for the 4 yellow ones.  Not sewn yet, but that is the easy part.

I'm going to the football game tonight to see the band preform their halftime show. 

Maybe I'll get sewing time Saturday after horses?

I did make progress on the bear paw. Just one paw on this block to stitch.



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that was a fast weight loss for him

Julierose said...

Busy times for you!! Your Bear's Paw is looking so lovely with that hand quilting...hope you find a few moments to re-org and sew....hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope your FiL is feeling better and in better spirits these days! It's easy for them to lose weight during these tough times - my mom has, too, and hardly has any appetite anymore. She, of course (being a woman) thinks that's just great, but we're all trying to get her to eat more so she has a little more meat on her bones! Have fun at the football game! I always enjoyed seeing my kids in the marching band.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! You have been super busy, Deb! How was the halftime show? Here's hoping "The Dads" are getting better by the day!