Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Only tuesday?

 It seems like it should be Thursday already!

After working yesterday, I ran the rest of the day. Kids to annual physicals. Check. Groceries for kids lunches and stocking up on b1g1. Dinner, then I took Aidan to guitar as hubby had tummy issues. Again. I hit sams and stocked the freezer with meats.  Emily was making a red velvet cake last night and got fancy with the decorations.


I added some quilting last night. I added more at lunch so almost done this block. I wonder when my yli blue thread will be gone. They don't make blue 013 any longer. I need to order some, but not sure of the lighter or grey blue. I'm leaning on the grey blue.  Will decide and order tonight. I'll try my local quilt shop first, but I don't think they carry hand quilting thread. Looks like they are also closing mid December after 25 years due to health reasons. 



The cats thought it was Chilly this morning at 50 degrees. Peanut stayed covered on the bed. Spoiled cats.




5 comments:

Chris said...

That turquoise icing sure looks spooky.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

which brand of thread are you using and I can check and see if I have any to send you?
you were busy - between your "work" work and household work you never have a spare moment

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a day in the life of a busy mom! Em's cake looks yummy. That's too bad about your quilting thread, but maybe the change in shade won't really be noticeable when mixed in with the whole quilt.

Sharon in VT said...

There's some hand quilting thread on eBay in that color: https://www.ebay.com/itm/194381987907

Deb A said...

Thank you! I grabbed them. I never think to check ebay!