Thursday, October 19, 2023

Not a single stitch.

 I decided on what to put in the setting triangles, half a feather from the middle blocks. I have one paw left to stitch before I start on those. I went to move the hoop, and someone jumped up on the chair. Onto the quilt....

and his inner cat came out and tried to curl up on the hoop! 72 pound dog against a 14 inch hoop. Silly boy. 


The tiny hummingbirds were going crazy over the night blooming jasmine last night. I got this short video.

Today I'm getting back in the saddle again! It has cooled down a bit, so I am going to ride again. We will see if I can move tomorrow!
The dog has been walked. Time for a quick shower and then I hope to get the civil war quilt and backing rolled onto boards so I can pin it later. I'd love to get that quilt finished off this month. We will see how it goes.

I also have 14 sets of the split nines. I think I need a set of browns and one of blacks to round it out. That will give me a 48x48 little quilt to donate.


Oh, a big thank you to Sharon! I went to ebay and bought those 2 spools of YLI blue 013 hand quilting thread! They should arrive next week. 



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad you found your thread!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh Bear you are so silly--then again-why did momma leave her hoop and quilt in the chair??? Your quilt finishes for October sound nice--I got a quilt filmsy done yesterday myself--all except the outer border!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope you enjoyed your horseback ride and aren't too sore! Great video of the hummingbirds, too. That's hilarious that the dog wanted to curl up in the quilting hoop! Glad you found the thread - it's so great when we can help each other out like that!

Sharon in VT said...

You are most welcome! So glad you were able to get the YLI spools. I know I would have fretted over changing colors and put the project aside. You've made great progress on the quilt, and now you can continue to move forward with it.