Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday and RSC

 It seems like the quilting on this little quilt has taken forever! I think I started quilting on it about a year ago and it keeps getting bumped. I finished the last bear paw block and now need to mark the setting triangles and start quilting on those. I believe it is a F1 race weekend and there is a sprint race on Saturday and a regular race on Sunday. They are in the USA and in Austin Texas.  Lots of potential stitching time while I watch the races with Aidan.



My goal Thursday was to roll this quilt on the boards and get it pinned for quilting. Let's just say the dog was worse than the cats in helping! I do have the top rolled onto a board and the batting is cut. I need to press the backing again (someone was a ghost in the backing for a bit yesterday) and get it rolled later today. The girl has an away game tonight so very late pickup. I hope to get this pinned tonight. I'm thinking if I buy some pre made pizza dough at Publix, the boy can make stromboli for dinner tonight! The kids are much better at forming them then I am, so they get the job!


For the RSC - I now have 15 sets of these split nines. I am not sure how these will be set, but I either need 1 more or 5 more. Do I want a rectangle or a square? 48x48 or 48x60? I know I want to add a brown set. I do have those strips of green left over from the christmas cactus.... they would help round out the colors better. Right now my blocks have 4 blues to 2 of everything else and this one black set..... I guess I am leaning towards adding 5 more? Maybe a red, green, black/grey and 2 browns to even out things a bit? 


The latest squirrel running around in my head..... a wall hanging with a dresden turkey. I found this video from Missouri Quilts and think he would look great in the middle of some fun blocks from the Autumn Jubilee.

It got replaced with the previous one that will probably become a 2024 project. Hand piecing 60 degree triangles.... since Bonnie at Quiltville is using 60 degree triangles in her new sew along. It reminded me of the thousand pyramid quilt that I would love to make from scraps someday. Some inspiration photo's.


from jasmine.noraisin.net on pinterest.


I need more hours in the day!

Linking up with the RSC on Saturday.






7 comments:

Julierose said...

I will also be stitching while watching F1 today--outlining some clouds on my Autumn Stars piece...should be so interesting watching how Danny does in his comeback role...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had started a pyramid quilt one time and then passed it on to someone else as I totally lost interest in- good luck on yours it looks great

Ray and Jeanne said...

Around here, I get stitching done while watching hockey. The 60 degree triangles/pyramid quilts are neat - I think it would be fun to make one. I've made triangle quilts before but never with that many scraps. I might put it on my list. ~Jeanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Even as a retiree I second the notion of more hours in the day! I enjoyed seeing a round up of your pretty projects. We are never stuck for ideas or suggestions these days with the internet. Thanks for the mention...which reminds me I have the Pyramids all together and need to layer it up. I don't know why it fell off the list because I do still like it very much. Your triangle blocks are beautiful and I'm sure much more even than mine.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got lots of fun ideas for quilts to work on these days! I think I'll be able to start sewing my split 9s together this week. That will be a step in the right direction! Hope your strombolis turned out tasty!

Mari said...

Definitely go for bigger on the split nines. That will make it a nice lap size. I think those pyramid quilts look good when they are finished, but they sound like way too much work for me! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Five more splitline sounds like a good plan, Deb. LOVE those Pyramid blocks! I stink at following through on sew alongs or if suggest we have one for that quilt.