Monday, October 30, 2023

Monday

I ordered a countdown to Christmas box from Missouri Star company earlier this month and it arrived on Saturday while I was gone. It was placed into my office for me. Sorry about the flipped photo. I love the outside of the box! I can't wait for December 1st!

Last week at a girl scout event planning meeting, the leader brought a box of Persimmons from her tree. I grabbed a handful and then checked for recipes. 
These are Saijo Persimmons and I found this link about them. All but one were very ripe. I had just under a cup of the flesh so tried this muffin recipe.



Next time I'll puree the flesh so it will mix in a little better. With all the cinnamon and ginger, they tasted like a spice muffin with hints of honey and brown sugar in the background from the fruit. Pretty good!

A little less busy this week, thank goodness. Maybe I'll get some sewing time in.

 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

November will be a long month for you, lol! You've got me curious about what's in the box, too. I've never tasted a persimmon, but your muffins sound yummy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I only tried something from the persimmon's once, ours are kind of small and the animals usually beat us to them, I haven't even looked in over a week to see if they still there or if the animals did get them. Melanie likes them and usually finds them at various locations.
Le us know how you like the Christmas box, I had thought about and then said no I have enough - you are going to wait until December to open it?

Julierose said...

Oh that will be such fun opening the Christmas Box--looking forward to seeing what's in there, too;)))
hugs Julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

I got the Christmas box from MSQC a couple years ago. Enjoy!