Monday, October 16, 2023

Monday...

 The kids are still sleeping! I guess Grandma really put them to work yesterday around her house!

They have doctor appointments this afternoon, just standard annual physicals. 

Sunday - Emily walked the dog and I just got to go along... and do the poop pick up and take the sand spurs out of his paws when he picked them up. Note, he does not like people touching his paws when there are spurs in them! He is getting better though. 

Grandma came to retrieve the kids and then I got in a little more sewing time. I got 4 gold split nines sewn and then worked through the pile of extra HST's from the Christmas Cactus sewing and the pile is now twosies. Not sure what they will become, but they are a good leader and ender!




We headed over to visit Tom in rehab after the chruch traffic was through. He had just eaten lunch and was back from a rehab session where he walked there, did the 'pedal machine' and then walked back. So lots of progress there. We chatted with him for a bit and then let him have an afternoon nap. Back home, I cooked up the rest of the bacon from the package and with a yummy tasting tomato I had a BLT for lunch! Instead of doing things I should...... I decided to put an audiobook on and did some hand quilting for the rest of the afternoon. I stopped when I had to leave to go pick up the kids from Grandma's house.  Maybe I'll pick up and clean a little tonight? (hehehe.... I crack myself up!)





5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a good Sunday! Your gold split 9s are really pretty - I love those blocks in every color. Time to start sewing mine together into a top. Have a great day off with the kids!

Julierose said...

Split Nines is go glowing in those yellow/gold fabrics with the white...just shines--so pretty Nice work hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love the yellow and bright colored block--reminds me of the Sunshine in Florida which we have not see alot of this past week over here!! Happy to hear that both 'dads' are doing so well--and that you had some needed 'down' time to hand quilt--have a great week-hugs, di

Ray and Jeanne said...

So glad you get some sewing time like this. Nice to hear about your FIL's improvement. Sounds like a great day! ~Jeanne

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are a busy bee, Deb. So nice you are able to get some things done while the kiddos visit, Grandma. Your quilting is looking amazing.