Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sisters retreat weekend.

I spent Friday evening through Sunday morning at Girl Scout Camp Wildwood in Florida with some amazing girl scout adults! All of them give so much of themselves to empower our daughters to be themselves, try new adventures and become some amazing women. 


I did not take many photo's. This is where I stayed on the property in Gater house. This is the common area with an under cover area and the attached screened in room with tables. There is a room in back with a couple of fridges.





The inside of the cabin. Sleeps 8 - 4 on this side of the room and the same set up on the other side. 





Bathrooms.


We had a Mom just fly in from Palestine last week and she brought this to share. It was amazing!



Opening ceremony and special shout out to Gold Award Kam, who is graduating this year. She has been the camp photographer for the last few years.





I rescued this little guy, I had him climb onto a branch and relocated him out of a high traffic area leading into Costello lodge where we eat.



This Stick bug was in the screened in area this morning when I was doing my capers of sweeping the floors. If this was on a branch, I doubt I would see it. Would you?


 

It was so nice to finally get home (I was packed up and done my capers by 7:30.... we did not get cleared to leave the area until close to 10! But, I got coffee on the way home and a shower and I am feeling human again! Today, I am meeting up with someone and offloading 2 twin beds out of the house. I'm attempting to downsize a bit of all the extra stuff hanging out in the house. Aidan has a F1 race this afternoon and I know I need to get a few groceries for kids lunches this week. Emily is still sleeping - the girl has been busy and has had pick up at school close to midnight the last 2 nights. An away football game and then a marching band competition yesterday. She catches up on sleep on Sundays. 
I'll be adding some stitches into the bear paw at some point today.... or maybe I'll just sit and relax! 

Good news - both Dads are out of the hospital. Mine is home, and hubby's finally got released to a rehab facility late yesterday. It is not the one close to us, but at this point we are happy he is out of the hospital. 




5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

camp looks like an interesting place for sure - glad the dads are out, sorry the one closer to you didn't get the rehab place you wanted that was closer to your house

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That certainly was a happy and busy time for you. How neat for the kids to get this extraordinary experience. My girls went through the Girl Guide program (similar to Girl Scouts) from Brownies to Rangers when teens. They went to a number of camps and have great memories too. Such a good feeling to get home and can now relax a bit.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like it was a good weekend, and hope everyone enjoyed your stitching activities! Glad to hear the good news about both dads, too. I bet you're ready to get back to normal!

Ray and Jeanne said...

The week is looking up- both dads out of hospital, you're home with a hot shower and some down time. Enjoy! I really hope you have a good week. ~Jeanne

Julierose said...

Good news on the Dads' front;))) Nice that you can look forward to a more relaxing week and some sewing time hugs, Julierose