Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday

It only took until mid October before the house got some fall feel! Aidan got out my box of fall things and put things out for me. He had a lot of fun rubbing it in that he could just reach the top of the tv hutch to dust! I need a step stool to reach! Emily got the assist on where things go. She remembered the spider went above the pantry with the webbing and the glow in the dark spider on the web. We added the hat this year for balance.



I finished the quilting on this block on Friday night before the football game. It is time to move the hoop. There are 2 more of these blocks and then the setting triangles and the HST edge to go.



Saturday Emily got to ride. She had a marching band competition last week and will for the next 2 Saturdays. She was happy to get on a horse. Her normal Lance was out on a lesson so she decided to ride Bunny for the first time. She is a lot smaller than Lance (The bottom photo is tall Lance). Bunny has a lot of pep and her trot was very fast. Lori the trainer let her canter on her. She said she does not let anyone else canter her since she is so fast, but she knew Emily could handle her! I guess my girl is a pretty good rider as I think each of her trainers has said something similar. She had a private lesson since her normal lesson buddy was not there yesterday.

Bunny

Emily on Lance in the yellow shirt. Kyra is on Reba.

The kids are off school tomorrow for a teacher workday for the end of quarter 1. I scheduled their annual physicals for the afternoon, so they didn't miss school. Today, the kids are headed to Grandma's house for the day. Greg and I will pop over to see his Dad in Rehab and see how he is doing. He is gaining strength and doing what the PT people say, which is good. My Dad was doing well when I chatted with them on Thursday. I hope to get a little time in the sewing room today but will be adding some hand quilting stitches into the Bear Paw this evening while watching either a hockey game (go lightning!) or Hocus Pocus or Hocus Pocus 2. I love Bette Midler in this movie on Disney Plus.




 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are always so busy between your work, kids, after school activities before you know it they will be doing all of those activities without you and driving themselves. Glad the dads all both doing better.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are in the sandwich generation…looking after kids and parents! Glad you have your hand quilting to destress! Your quilt is lovely!

Julierose said...

Your quilting is looking so lovely--I really like those alternate blocks--nice work on all of them!! I need to take out my "Starry Eyed Jack" for display this month...he's hidden away in some drawer getting some shut eye, I guess...;)))
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun Halloween decorations! It looks like your quilting on Bear Paw is moving right along, too. Emily looks very comfortable on the different horses - she must really enjoy that riding time!

Jenny said...

Your blue bears paw is coming along well.

Jayne Honnold said...

Love that blue Bear's Paw!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so nice that Emily helps in decorating for the fall season. Love your Bear Paw quilt. I have always wanted to make one. Maybe one day soon. Happy quilting.

CathieJ said...

Your quilting is looking great. I remember those days with so many kid's activities. I need a step stool to dust the tops of my hutches also.