Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Mid week already?

 I finally got a few stitches put into the bear paw last night while watching the Lightning play their first game of the season on tv. 


Monday, I had the Aidan to guitar lesson so that meant I did errands in the 30 minute lesson. I managed to hit both PetCo and Sams. I was only 5 minutes late in picking him up. Note to self, when you just need butter at Sams, don't ask the hubby if they have a wish list! I picked 2 new toys for Bear at Petco and filled up the cat litter bucket. I got a squeaky ball and a big teddy bear. The ball was a hit and has not left his sight since I brought it home. He even takes it out back with him! Silly boy.


I had grabbed brussel sprouts and a butternut squash at Aldi's on Sunday. I had bacon in the fridge. Aidan and I love this dish so I made it for us. Greg was feeling puny Monday and Emily had late band practice so they stopped at Publix on the way home for their dinner. The recipe for this dish is here. Very quick and yummy. I just cut the squash into strips and bake it at 400 for 15 minutes or so with a little oil, salt and pepper.

I didn't take out the stew beef from the freezer Tuesday, so it was brats and bush's baked beans with a veggie salad for dinner. Tonight I'm going to play with my insta pot and try their recipe for beef stew with polenta. We have never had polenta, so we will see how it turns out!






4 comments:

Julierose said...

That looks like a really yummy recipe--I love butternut squash and brussel sprouts, too...Tom not so much. I may make it for myself on the nights when we "do our own thing" for dinner...
We got our covid shots Monday and spent the rest of Monday pretty much in bed---flu symptoms: body aches, headaches, fever, and just feeling crummy...
[the CDC says this is normal for the shot this time around!! ]
Did food shop this morning and it hit me again--so resting now...but it's DONE, right? Hugs Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad you finally got a bit of hand quilting in--don't you find it really relaxing to do???
And it's so funny--I had butternut squash today for lunch with my salmon and baked potato!!--only I cheated--I found a package of already cubed cut up butternut squash at Publix yesterday and tried that--cooked up great and had good flavor to it--so nice lunch!!
this afternoon--I have to finish designing my Sunbonnet sue pattern and get one cut out to try--and I have a new plant stand to try to put together by myself that I want to use to decorate for the holidays on!!
hugs, di Ps--you can keep the brussel sprouts all to yourself--I have tried them every which way--but just don't care for them!!!!!!!!!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm not a big fan of brussel sprouts but that looks good! I love the squash and the bacon, of course. I have a butternut squash that I need to use.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you're getting in a few stitches here and there! A new toy is fun whether we are human or animal! Your butternut squash dish sounds delicious. I bet I would like it, but couldn't sell it to anyone else here. :)