Saturday, January 6, 2024

2024 RSC in green!

 It's hard to believe how long the RSC has been running and yet I still have tons of scraps hanging around! A big thank you to Angela for hosting it all these years and encouraging us to play with our scraps, one color at a time.

I've been in the finishing up mode with 2 finishes this week, Bear Paw and Green Tumblers. It has me selecting my next UFO to work on and it happens to be a RSC one! I made hand pieced (not epp) hexagons back in 2014 I believe. Another year, I basted and appliqued them to a black background. I am one shy of a 12x14 setting. So, this week I found the hexagon template, cut out some green and a yellow center and got the last hexagon stitched so I can finish this quilt! My Thursday car line time had this little guy all done! Now to find some black to cut a 6.5 inch square to applique him down on then I can lay them out and start the assembly. 





I've been inspired by Karens Arkansas Traveller quilt she quilted last year and made my first cuts to make one block in green. I need practice and those seams need some unpicking and fixing. Progress though! This will be one of my RSC blocks this year.



Linking up with the RSC. I'm off to help out at a girl scout cookie rally - where the littles get trained in cookie sales since pre-orders started on Wednesday here in our area. Cookies will arrive the beginning of February! Support your local girl scouts... and if cookies are not your thing, a few dollors donation to the troops (which they can not ask for) are always appreciated to help defray costs for fun troop activities weekly. 



5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Arkansas Traveler was not real easy for sure and I'm glad it is done. Good luck with all your quilts

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just caught up on your posts, Deb. Wow to the finishes...good for you! And neat new projects to work on too. I really don't seem to work in green much so it will be slim pickings for me.

scraphappy said...

The green tumblers in your header are great! Enjoy your hexagons, I admire your persistence in stitching without the papers.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your tumbler quilt looks great in the header photo, Deb! The Arkansas Traveler blocks will make a beautiful quilt, too. It's great to see you getting out the hexie flower blocks- I love the pretty color on the black background!

Sara said...

Most of my inspiration comes from this group. There is always something wonderful being posted that provides new ideas. Great start on the Arkansas Traveler.