Thursday, January 11, 2024

More hand work

 This is the Angel trumpet in bloom out back.


The girls - they all come running when I go out back.... or even walk through the living room! They have great vision. 4 of the 5 are laying. Two greens (Poppy and Eggnog), a light brown (the black and white ones - DC is laying) and a dark brown (Buttercup the Rhode Island Red). The other black and white one - Maple, seems to still be having issues with her shells. She is one of the 3 year old ones, so she will just live out her life happy here. They are more like pets after all!


I was laying out the blocks I hand stitched the last couple of days to make the star in the center. Bear needed to help out.... sigh, with dirty feet from a soccer match outside this morning after his walk. Oh well, it will wash out.


I just need to mark the 8 flying geese units I need to stitch up to finish up this block, then I can assemble it. I'll have to go searching for the 4th blocks parts. I am thinking that one was not as far as the rest were, but we will see. Those are hanging around in the sewing area somewhere.


I have horses later today and am waiting to see if work needs some help this morning. If not, I'm going to be playing with the Arkansas Traveller blocks to figure them out. I have 2 patterns in my cart for purchase that might be other RSC blocks this year. I am still thinking on it.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a pretty flower - looks like the chickens have a good space!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love the Angel trumpet plant--pretty color--
and a nice variety of eggs there--miss fresh eggs!!!
Well--guess what-I finally started the hand quilting on Frosty snowmen quilt--it's been basted for a while now--I got one block done last night and am using a grid stencil too--the stencil I have is the exact size of each square--bingo!!!!
Happy stitching-I see Bear is alot of help!!!!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

How did the storms turn out? Glad to hear the chickens are laying! I think it's fun that they run to see you when you come outside. That star that forms in the center of the block was one of my favorite things about that design. Yours is looking good!