Thursday, January 25, 2024

2024 Table Scrap Challenge.

 Joy is hosting the Table Scrap Challenge again and is spicing things up with a theme this year. January is snowflakes....and the RSC color is Green. An interesting combination. 

I just happen to have some fabric with snowflakes on a green background. How lucky is that?

I was playing with my tri recs rulers last night to prep the last parts for Harmony... and I decided to use them with this fabric. I made 4... thinking I would make them into a star. Then got thinking and remembered some trees I had seen. Hmmmm.  I had just enough of the green to make the middle tree in reverse colors. A quick grab of the brown from that scrap bucket and a set of 5 trees were soon stitched and placed together. I decided it needed to be a little bigger, so I added a 2.5 strip all around it in white. 



I picked up the pile of batting from the floor (shhh. yes, my studio is a mess!) and tossed the little bits and zig zagged these two bits together to made the size I needed.



I did just some outline stitching with my walking foot around the trees and outlined the outer area around the trees. Would you believe, I pulled this fun snowmen with snowflakes out of that mystery box I got for myself for my birthday back in November 2022! How perfect is that? I can use the trees in December for Christmas, then turn it over for the snowmen in January for decoration! 



I do love these snowmen!


So, for the challenge I managed to find some snowflakes, green and used some scrappy batting to make this cute little topper. It finishes at 10x25.
Linking up with the RSC on Saturday and the Table Scrap Challenge on Friday.

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Just an adorable tale topper you've finished--love the snowmen backing, too...
nice work Hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh how pretty is that and useful on top of it--
and it's always fun when you come up with just the right fabric!!
good for you--
hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your trees!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is definitely the perfect fabric for this project! I love the trees, and the snowmen on the back, too. Fun finish, Deb!

grammajudyb said...

You did luck out! Snowflakes on green fabric! Fortuitous!!!! Love the 2 for 1 table runner. December and January. And you don't have to totally redecorate.!!!

Anonymous said...

Snowflakes on green, how lucky!
And reversible too, well done! Jane

The Joyful Quilter said...

How incredible that you should have the EXACT fabric needed for this month's prompt. Super cute challenge entry, Deb!

Jenny said...

Great job, you achieved two challenges at the same time.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm imaging your delight when you found/remembered you had green fabric with snowflakes. The table runner will be perfect for the winter season.

Sue said...

Such cute trees! And 2 challenges accomplished with one project is super fun!

Astrid said...

Love your trees and snowmen! The table runner turned out so pretty, great table decor during winter/Christmas.

Susie H said...

Well, lucky you to have found the perfect backing for your table runner! Obviously it was meant to be. Nice finish and I like how you reversed colors on one of the trees. Interesting!

Maggie said...

I just received a Tri Recs ruler yesterday and I’m looking forward to trying it out. Your projects look amazing.

Char said...

Wow, that runner came out great!