Sunday, January 28, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching.

 Yes, it will be a slow stitching day for me! I have a 3 hour timeframe to sit at a Gold Awards workshop with Emily, so you can bet I will be stitching. I did a little prep work yesterday. I had to recut and mark some parts for hand stitching after I swapped the colors and stitched them up a few days ago! Mistakes do happen.

I'll be working on stitching the correct triangle in a square units (with the white triangles not red like I did a few days ago!). Those will be added to the flying geese I stitched last night.


They go in the middle sections.


Might this 4th and final Harmony block get completed today? We will see.
Just in case, I finally prepped one of the string of beads blocks with my consistent green and red for February in the RSC. I am debating if I do a green in the middle one or not. We will see. For this month, there will be 2 reds done I think.


I had posed a question on Facebook - the Celebrate Hand Quilting page yesterday. I have had my cat and mouse on the frame for hand quilting for a couple of years. I tend to use the hoop more than the frame right now, so I had asked about basting the rest on the frame (I really only did the bottom 2 borders and started on the mouse border for hand quitling) and taking it off to work on in the hoop in the living room. They assured me it should work, so my plan is to work on that this week and get that one off the frame and start working on it.


Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.




6 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice that you had stitching time!! I love the red/white geese--so pretty...
I am still slugging away at my Ojos and BB and GG's Camp quilts....
Another rainy day here..we're going to float away up here!!!
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes if you decided you do not like working at a frame baste it so you can use a hoop. I didn't know the Celebrate Hand Quilting group moved to facebook - I used to contribute to the blog when it was a blog but then moved on to other things - who is the group leader now?

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects you have to work on! Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a good idea to get the cat and mouse quilt off the frame and quilt it in the hoop! I'm glad you figured out that it will work to do that. I like to quilt in front of the TV, lol! Enjoy your stitching time today!

a good yarn said...

It will be good to have a block of time to get some stitching done.

CathieJ said...

I love all of the projects that you are working on. Enjoy your stitching.