Saturday, January 13, 2024

Rsc 2024

 Sorry about the order and orientation of the photos. At horses with Emily, will fix later!


The third Arkansas Traveler block parts are ready to get stitched this afternoon.



I knew I wanted to do something with orange peels again this year. I've been searching and decided to do string of beads. I saw one of these in green and purple back in the 90s. Time to try one this year. I think I'll have a consistent green around the edges and have the inner 4 match the rsc color of the month. My trusty orange peel template even matches the one for this pattern, so it is meant to be!




The first two AT blocks. I think there will be 3 each month of these. 


I have a pattern for chickens and sheep in my cart at fatquarter shop. Still deciding on which one to do with the rsc.

Linking up with the others this Saturday at the rainbow scrap challenge.

6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh dear--chickens or sheep--I love both and keep thinking I want to do a chicken one--have even designed a cute chicken wall hanging--done in applique--but it seems there is so many other stitching projects right now that I am working on--Wonder which one you will chose???? Have fun--
hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

three a month of the AT is good and will make a nice size quilt in the end

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Arkansas Traveler blocks look good! I like that String of Beads design, too. Will you applique the orange peels onto a background? You definitely need to make a chicken quilt!

Astrid said...

Your AT blocks are so pretty. Have fun with the orange peels, it's on my bucket list for some years now. I don't think I'll get to it this year either, too many UFOs to attack.

Susie H said...

Beautiful Arkansas Traveler blocks. What a great pattern! I choose the FQ chicken pattern! Have a great week.

Jenny said...

Chickens or sheep? Mmm, why not do both. I've got a pattern for pieced chickens on my wznt to do sometime list.