Sunday, January 7, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching in a new year

 A new year is a great time to regroup and start new projects and finish up some old ones. This year I plan to add a little more counted cross stitch and crochet or knitting back into the mix and some needle turned applique. (Orange peels!)

For today, I'm sharing an old project that is a hand piecing quilt block called Harmony. It was a quilt along back in 2021 from Kristin Esser and Patty Dudek. I opted to use some red fabrics and decided to make 4 of the 28 inch blocks. Well, I got one done in 2021 for the final link up to the sew along. I pulled the parts for the second block at the end of last year and got the second block completed. I had some parts of the third block completed and pulled them out this week and made some progress. I stitched the 4 parts in the lower right hand corner together and then added the white rectangle on the left side yesterday. I'll be adding the top HST/rectangle to the top of each block today. I know I have the next parts cut, but they probably need their sewing line drawn and then will be ready for their assembly into the flying geese and triangle in a square units. I added a photo of the completed block so you can see what this will turn into. 





Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers and a big Thank You to Kathy for encouraging us to slow down, breathe and stitch. 




6 comments:

Angela said...

That is such a pretty block!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this block it is very interesting

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is so pretty - I love this block. I may have to make it one day. ~Jeanne

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful block!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm cheering you on and looking forward to seeing another block finished on your Harmony! Such pretty colors. Have a wonderful Sunday, Deb!

CathieJ said...

How wonderful that you went back to working on this pretty block. Enjoy your stitching.