Wednesday, January 3, 2024

First Finish of 2024! Bear Paw is completed!

 When I don't have an animal laying on me, I am able to get a little binding stitching in!

The binding is completed on the Bear Paw. It decided the hand quilting in the HST's was not needed and it is happy as is! 

Started in 2000 with a class at Yankee Pride in Winooski Vermont, waited for hand quilting skills and is finally finished in 2024. Machine pieced; hand quilted. Finished size 35.5x53. It still needs a washing and drying so it might shrink up a bit.

I took Emily to the dentist yesterday. Note to self, bring the drug store glasses for close up to thread a needle or find a good needle threader! Boy, my eye's were feeling their age trying to thread needles! I did get these 4 parts sewn together on the Harmony block #3 though, before I gave up. I have all the parts ready to make these 4 corner units for the block. Then I'll have to stitch the flying geese and triangle in a square units for the middle sections.


Ending the day with heat in the house is a nice feeling! I woke up to a chilly house yesterday. Turns out the thermostat unit died! A service call and a new unit and my feet are much happier today sitting in my office working. I had to dig the wool socks and slippers out yesterday while working!

Stay tuned.... the second binding is about halfway done on the Green Tumbler quilt! I also pulled and counted the black hexagon blocks from the 2014 RSC. Looks like I need to make one more hexagon flower and applique it to the black background to have all the blocks needed for that quilt. When the finishing bug hits, you run with it!



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for a finish! Bear Paw is a beauty, and I bet it feels good to get a longtime UFO off the list. I need lots of help threading a needle these days, too - extra magnification plus a needle threader!

Julierose said...

Bears Paw is so beautiful all hand quilted, Deb. [I am so jealous!!;))]

Glad you now have heat again!! Not fun being cold. Brrrrrr.

Good for you finishing things up!!
I am still in the midst of that Declutter Challenge--it's surprising me what
is coming out of it..
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great finish and glad the heat problem was an easy fix and got it done right away

Chantal said...

Congrats on this gorgeous finish! What a great way to start a new year! Enjoy! ;^)

Ray and Jeanne said...

Congrats! Great finish - even though it took 24 years! The quilt looks great! ~Jeanne