Thursday, January 4, 2024

2nd Finish of 2024!

 Sorry for the dark photo. I was too excited to wait until tomorrow to take this photo and post it. I finished the binding on this Thursday evening. The hand pieced tumblers are 70x75 inches for a nice size quilt.  I cut out these tumblers in June 2018 and hand pieced them together that year. It has been waiting patiently to get quilted. I decided it wanted to get done, so machine quilting it was. I pulled it on Saturday and found a backing and batting. I pinned and quilted it with a squiggle down each line on Sunday and made and attached the binding to the front of the quilt. A few days of hand stitching down the binding and it is happy to be completed. 



I seem to be on a roll, might there be a 3rd finish later this month? We shall see...... 



7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Way to go, you! That's a lot of hand-piecing, and it turned out beautifully. Congratulations on the finish!

scraphappy said...

Yay to you for having two finishes in already for the new year. It feels so good to take the last stitch on the binding and snap a photo.

Julierose said...

You are moving right along, DEb--good for you:))) Congratulations on another beautiful finish...hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

Way to go, girl! If you keep this up, you'll have no more UFOs by year-end. ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like this one had been close to a finish - good job

Arish said...

Precioso, los colores que has elegido me gustan mucho. BESICOS.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I like this and am impressed with all of the hand piecing. At this rate, you are going to have LOTS of finishes this year!!!~Jeanne