Friday, January 12, 2024

Assembly time!

 I got a little sewing time in on Thursday. 

I was able to mark these 8 flying geese for hand piecing and got them pieced together into their sets of 2 for the final parts needed to assemble the 3rd Harmony block. I also found parts for the 4th Harmony block. I have a little more work to get that one assembled. A few parts are missing, so they need to get cut out and pieced. I was happy to find the majority of the parts and the extra fabric that goes with them. I think this one will get worked on until it is a top at this point.


I also found a black background for the hexagon, and that got stitched down yesterday as well. That means that quilt can get machine stitched together on the long weekend. Turns out the kids and I both have Monday off for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day. 



4 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that black background on the yellow hexie!!
Hope you enjoy your long weekend...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice you all will have Monday off

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're moving in the right direction with both projects! Happy long weekend!

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your long weekend. It is always nice to find the last few bits for finishing off long term projects.