Tuesday, January 9, 2024

A stormy day

 The kids will be home today with the storms that will be going through Florida. They cannot run the busses with winds over 40 mph, and the gusts are to be 45-55 mph. We have a wind advisory from 4AM through evening. It appears it is going to be going through with all the rain right when the kids would have been getting out of school, so that is nice. Both are enjoying sleeping in today. Teenagers! 

I got a little hand stitching in last night and got the four corner pieces of Harmony stitched together. I'll be marking the sewing lines on the next parts later today. Always good to have hand work ready to go, just in case we lose power later.




I had made some sugar cookie dough about a week ago and I finally baked them off on Sunday. I was planning to do snowflakes but darned if I could find those cutters in my sewing room. So, I dug out all the cutters - I have a box of Christmas and a box of Fall/Halloween and then have acquired various other ones over the years. I decided to grab a whale and did 2 sheets of those. Then I found a crab and turtle for the second batch of cookies. I hear Emily is tapped to frost them today, but they are pretty good without as well. The recipe is in my recipes tab about half way down the page. I half it when I make it. 


I can see the branches moving on the trees as I look out, so I guess they are correct about it being windy today. I guess I will fill up my drinking bottles with water just in case. We have a well, so no power then no water!


4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh hoping your power stays on...no water is no fun!! We are expecting a big rain/wind storm starting @ 3 pm today through tomorrow...we still have a lot of slush on the ground here from the 2" of frozen snow melt on the last storm. More water here on the coast is not good!!
I like the Harmony blocks--so pretty.
Meanwhile, I still cannot find my "SewJo"--!!
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your storm won't be bad, nice the kids can sleep in but you need to think about the water! That used to happen to us years ago when we first moved here we had a well I was glad when we could get on the county water system

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sorry about the wind - that is my least favorite weather! Hope you'll get a little stitching time today. I was working on my hand-pieced quilt last night, and realized I'm ready to be done with it! I think I will add a border by machine. Have fun decorating those cute cookies!

Astrid said...

Pretty blocks. Hope the weather won't be too bad, stay safe. Fun shaped sugar cookies.