Tuesday, June 8, 2021

A little of this... a little of that....

 For a Monday, some things actually got done! After finishing up working, I took Emily to Joanns for her to grab a mask for girl scout camp and for me to get a backing for the graduation quilt. I also got a few yards of a white print for a background for those butterfly's. The mask selection was minimal, as you can imagine. We also did a stop at Publix to grab a few things we needed. The red border got sewn on after I filled another bobbin. I'm waiting for my pressor and then I'll make a small black border as I think it is already pretty much the size I was thinking. Pinning should happen later today....

I stitched up the third Harmony corner block before starting dinner - beef stroganoff. After kitchen clean up - I started a batch of bagels. I have never made them before but Greg and I have been talking about trying them and since I didn't do it Sunday... I did yesterday. They came out of the oven last night and of the 8 made - there were only 5 left this morning. Seems we all tried them out (Emily had half of my plain one and part of Greg's everything one) - Greg said they were better than the Thomas Bagels! Pretty easy to make and I just used the regular flour I had on hand. I tried this recipe and added the everything bagel seasoning on 6 of the 8. I left 2 plain for me!  While the dough was rising, I finished off making some red pepper hummus for the fridge. My afternoon snack with carrots or peppers or cucumbers.



I am caught up with the hexagons this month and managed to play with a few leftover blocks on Sunday for the purple month. I think one will become a hot mat - the friendship stars - and the other a little table quilt - maybe hand quilted? We will see how the month goes! I think these both finish around 12 inches.





5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't made bagels in ages I used to a lot. sounds like it was a busy day

Julierose said...

Those bagels look scrumptious!! Nice job!
You had a really busy day...
hugs, julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yummy bagels, pretty hexies, and leftovers full of SEW much potential!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Homemade bagels sound yummy! I like those purple hexies - they're really pretty. Making little minis and table mats is a great way to use up leftover blocks, too!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been very busy and I just love your vibrant purple blocks. I have never made bagels either. I bet homemade is so much better than store bought. Happy quilting.