Sunday, June 27, 2021

Slow Sunday

 I have been trying to prep things for hand work for travel this week. This cross stitch always get tucked in when I travel yet rarely gets worked on. Might this be the year? This is Januarys pattern from Paula Vaughan's Quilts for All Seasons - cross stitch designs.


I made the September one back in the late 1990's.

A Harmony block is prepped. I might prep another one, just in case. I plan to make 4 blocks. The first one is completed.






I did make a guess and prepped 16 Hexagon QAYG blocks for July. I finished 30 purple ones for June this week.





If there is room in the checked bag I'll tuck in this knitting project. Maybe I can unstitch those sheep and learn how to do them properly. It is intarsia knitting - lots of youtube videos should help me! I have never knitted with more than one color before so I guess this will be what I learn in July?

I really wanted to have a hand quilting item as well, but if that doesn't happen then the above should keep me busy and out of trouble for the next few weeks! I can't wait for some slow stitching on the screened in porch or in a chair down by the lake.

I'll also tuck in the crochet hook - I'm sure Mom needs new tops to the kitchen towels stitched up.







9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a beautiful star block - do you have a link for the pattern? When do you leave for Vermont - I bet your family is excited to see you and the kids

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm so glad you're going to get to visit your folks. Have a safe trip and have fun.

Karrin Hurd said...

Hope you have a great visit! Love those hexagons!

CathieJ said...

I can't cross-stitch on a trip. It has to be knitting or crocheting. Enjoy your trip. Love your projects.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're preparing for lots of different slow stitching projects! Will you be gazing out onto Lake Champlain? So beautiful there! I notice you didn't say what color of hexagons you had prepped - we are all ready for a new color!

Julierose said...

Very pretty cross stitch picture...have a safe and wonderful journey...
hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Its always good to have things ready to work on when we travel away from home. I've never knitted sheep!

Kim said...

Enjoy a wonderful trip! Those purple hexies are gorgeous.

Quilter Kathy said...

Have a great time! You certainly have a lovely variety of projects to enjoy!