Saturday, June 5, 2021

RSC in purple.

It was so nice to pull a fresh new color this month - and I do love purple! I did finish up a little bit of the Full Stop in red - it will be a small row! Just playing around with offsetting the rows a bit this month.


My first 5 hexagon QAYG blocks and somehow the orange peel template came out and a few peels were cut out and these two were stitched down. I just draw on the fabric around the template and cut out with a little seam allowance. Pin to the square and then needle turn applique it down. I have no clue where those are going but a little stack are prepped and in a tin by my recliner.


This is the last orange peel quilt I made with the RSC challenge - not saying it will turn into something like this but who knows what the fabrics are thinking!  You can read all about this one I called Hugs and Kisses here.





I'm tapped with bringing Emily to horses later this morning. Blueberry muffins were made for breakfast and I have the whole hot and humid day in front of me with no plans past taking the girl to horses. I probably do need to pop to Joanns and find something for a backing for the graduation quilt... that I do need to get to a top stage today so I can pin it tomorrow.
Linking up with the RSC.

 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Ooh, I love your Xs and Os quilt! It was fun to click on your links to see it in all its stages of construction. You might have sent me down a rabbit/squirrel hole! :) Enjoy your Saturday!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice start on PURPLE for the RSC, Deb! You can't go wrong with those Orange Peel blocks. There are SEW many design possibilities!!

Cathy said...

I love seeing all your punctuation blocks together! They’ll look fantastic when you add the purple semi-colons!

Quilter Kathy said...

I adore that hugs and kisses quilt you made!
You are doing a great job on keeping up with the full stop blocks! I'm a bit behind but hope to catch up soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun with the horses - love all the quilts you are working on

scraphappy said...

I love your mix of blocky and angled exclamation points for Fullstop! It looks great in your offset rows.

Deb said...

Quilters seem to love horses too! I was just at another blogger with horses in her post!
Love those melon blocks , may have to attempt a few, I could do them by machine also. Hmmm follow that rabbit!( or is it a squirrel?)
Stay safe and sew on !