Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Fathers Day!

 First off - Happy Fathers Day to the best Dad ever - my Dad! 8 days and I get to see you in person for a big hug.




Today will be much needed prep work for slow stitching. I finished off one Harmony block pieced by hand this week - so I have three more to prep and hand stitch. Those will probably be my take with me project. Each block is using 2 different reds and a tan from a Fat Quarter package. 

Other prep work will be the Hexagon QAYG blocks. I need to prep the rest of the purple for this month and I'm going to guess on July's RSC color and prep 15 of those as well. If I guess wrong - I'll be that much ahead for another month! I finished off my last prepped one this morning. Peanut was not happy to have a hexagon placed on his back!

Then I'll settle in with some slow binding stitching on the graduation quilt. I have one side almost done - 3 to go! I must say, I don't think I'll bind with black backing and binding again. Working with that and black thread to hand stitch is difficult. Who knew?


As I folded it up and placed it for a photo - someone had to check it out!


Here, I'll hold it down for you Mom!


My bed now! Well, that's what he thinks. This will be traveling up to Vermont next week to gift to Charlie.

What will you be slow stitching today? Linking up with the other turtle stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts who has encouraged us to slow down, relax and stitch for the past 9 years. Thank you Kathy and all the participants for the encouragement over the years.


3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the name "turtle stitchers"! So many wonderful projects to enjoy today... and when you visit family!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet you're really looking forward to that trip to see your folks - and they can probably hardly wait to see you! Great idea to prep some handwork to take along. Keep stitching on that binding!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects! Glad you get to visit your folks! Hope you have a great week!