Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday in Purple....

Lets see how the month went in purple, shall we?

I added a few blocky blocks in purple this month.


I stitched ahead and got my 30 purple Hexagon QAYG done.


I added my purple Erin Butterfly to the pile.... missing green and red I see...


2 of these purple blocks were added to the pile. I am missing the green in this set so I'll catch up on the next green month.


Linking up with the RSC Challenge. I hope to finish up the table topper today.

Thursday, the boy and I headed to Fort King here in Ocala. It was a self guided tour of the grounds with posted information to read all about the various wars. They rebuilt the fort walls a couple of years ago. We were the only ones there. We liked the garden, where we saw herbs, egg plant, tomato, peppers and a few other plants growing. This pretty butterfly allowed a nice photo. After the fort Aidan and I went out to eat at Moes Southwestern Grill. It was a nice Mom and son outing.






 

9 comments:

Marly said...

You certainly got a lot done this week Deb. I like your QAYG hexagons; you've got quite a collection going there!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your rows for Full Stop! I still need to connect my semicolons together - forgot about that. Your hexagons in purples are really pretty! Fort King sounds interesting - so neat that A enjoys that.

scraphappy said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! The fabric ones and the real ones. Glad the kids are enjoying their summer so far.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you got a bit done - like your butterflies

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely purple work!
And so nice to have an outing together... I miss the good old days when the kids enjoy these kinds of outings!

Julierose said...

Your Punctuation rows are really looking so pretty.
Nice outing for the two of you...so neat to do that...
hugs for a super weekend Julierose

Angie said...

Thanks for the info about Ft King. I'm way more familiar with Florida's coastal forts, didn't really know there were any surviving inland forts. Good info!

Katie Z. said...

I love the hexagons again!

maggie fellow said...

good for you to keep up with the full stop quilt - I am behind.